Skip to main content

A Prison The Size Of Texas

One of my TV obsessions is Dateline with Lester Holt. The episode "Tangled Web" aired last week. I just got around to watching it. I've been busy. It's about a murder as many of these are that occurred in Sarasota, Florida in 2012. A woman's husband, a firefighter, is murdered by her boyfriend of 4 years at the apartment complex of the victim's new girlfriend. Strange. Very strange. The stranger catch: The husband and wife were not separated. Still living as husband and wife in the same apartment. Not only that, she knew of his new romance. The woman and her BF had been stalking her husband and his new GF. You could probably write a Murder She Wrote-type of episode or a whodunit novel about this, but for an event like this to actually play out probably would have never crossed anyone's rational mind. This takes love triangles to a new dimension. 

Why did this occur? The BF felt that time had come to confront the husband to put all this out into the open. He wanted to move his relationship to the next level. Marriage. MARRIAGE??? Are you farking nuts? My belief: Once a cheater; Always a cheater. And an ambushed confrontation is never a good idea. Because of his irrational, unfounded fear of the husband, the idiot brought a gun to this spontaneous meet. He basically ambushed the guy outside the guy's GF's apartment. Seeing the weapon, he fled attempting to escape this guy. He didn't know his wife had been screwing around for the last 4 years. He had no idea who this nut-job guy was. The gunman pursued and long story short: The wife's BF killed the husband in the apartment stairwell. He claims he never intended to kill the firefighter. Why bring a gun then? Of course, the prison sentence was far more lenient than it should have been. 30 years for 2nd degree murder. He should have gotten the death penalty. After all, it's Florida. Like Texas, they hand out death penalties like candy to kids on Halloween. He'll be out before he's 60 when he should never breathe the air of freedom.

This incident could have been avoided. They (husband and wife) could have sat down, admit their indiscretions and move on. Walk away from the marriage and everyone could have gone on with their lives. But Noooooo!!!

In the Dateline show, most viewers would have drawn the same conclusion as I did. She manipulated her BF, a much younger man who was clearly in love with her, to kill her husband. There was no evidence of abuse. The marriage just wasn't working any longer for either of them. They just no longer wanted each other. The twist: She stood to inherit a million dollars if he was dead. Again, money was probably the motivator. She claims she was unaware of the BF's plan. Bull-Shit!!! The BF has never given her up. He's serving the time. She got to walk on the murder but not the burglary and break-in of her late husband's GF's apartment that occurred a few weeks before the murder. We only know that there was a B&E because the idiots videotaped the crime. She too is now imprisoned. Deservedly so. Sad thing is she'll be out some day soon. Happy thing is his family sued her for the insurance money that no one felt she was entitled. They won. But the amount was not disclosed.

The one common thread that all of these people were guilty of, was stupidity, and a lack of using common sense. And I don't mean stupidity as in a lack of intelligence or being intellectually challenged. I mean people who use their "hearts" (emotions) or baser desires (sex) to make decisions. No logic used at all. If we could imprison people for these crimes, we would need a prison the size of Texas. The majority of Americans are STUPID. I'd like to say present company excluded, but I don't know my readers that well. They may be stupid. Hope not. But if they are, maybe I've just opened some eyes and minds.

I urge people to not commit these crimes. If you enter into an extramarital, clandestine fling or affair...Separate. Get a divorce. I'm sure I've ranted about this previously. But obviously the same damn story keeps popping up on the tube regularly. And people never learn. The payoff in the end is NEVER worth the short term benefits. Game on. Rant over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever