Skip to main content

Bozo

Bozo the Clown
This week I encountered two references to Bozo. First was from John Grisham's book, Gray Mountain. The protagonist refers to a "bad guy" as a Bozo. However, the character would not necessarily have known who Bozo was as she was born well after the franchise ceased to exist on TV. The second was from Samantha Bee's TBS TV show as she referred to one or more of the Republican Presidential candidates. Now, I've made references and have spoken of my dislike/phobia of clowns thanks to John Wayne Gacy, Ronald McDonald and of course the ultimate killer clown, Pennywise, from Stephen King's book, It. I found the written word far more disturbing than the 1990 TV movie. However, Tim Curry was fantastic as the creepy clown child killer. But what disturbs me is not the ruination of the clown, but the defamation of my youth's beloved TV entertainer, Bozo the Clown.

To equate the Republican Presidential candidates to a bunch of Bozos is an insult to many Late Baby Boomers whose childhood began with this lovable, laughable clown. (For me it was Bozo and the Captain Kangaroo show. Also, very big fan of Beanie & Cecil.) Of course, we can't refer to these clowns (candidates) as just clowns. They're not murderous clowns like Gacy and Pennywise. They're not hawking heart clogging death like Ronny McDonny. They're not from outer space like the Killer Klowns from Outer Space. (Great comedic B-movie from 1988.) A quick shout-out to campy 1980 B flicks.
The Donald posing after the last Presidential Debate
They're more like stupid clowns. But to refer to the Republican Presidential candidates as stupid is an insult to stupid people. However, there's the Catch-22. Stupid people don't know they're stupid. But the candidates are not stupid. Really. I believe they are as intelligent as any college educated American born before 1980. Ignorant, yes. Misinformed, maybe. Out of touch with the average American, definitely.

I agree to one issue the Republicans (all candidates actually) are stumping about - Terrorists. As far as despising terrorists, I agree. The alienation and the Muslim banning suggested by Trump, Cruz and Rubio, I greatly disagree. I disagree with anyone who wants to build walls around the US. To keep non-Americans out, we want to imprison ALL Americans. That's just Nuckin' Futs!!! I think I've said it before. There are a lot of unemployed American actors and TV personalities who have lost jobs to Canadian actors and TV personalities, like Canadian comedienne, Samantha Bee. Just kidding Sam. You deserve that new show that airs weekly on Mondays at 10:30 pm on TBS. No one is screaming to close the borders to them. However, most of these Canadians are a stitch. I wouldn't kick them out either. Another issue that gives people a poke in the eye by a Republican candidate (Kasich) is legislating what women can do with their baby factory installations, I strongly disagree. Women can do whatever the feck they want to their vahoosey whatchamacallits. I don't care. Make a baby. Keep the baby. Put it up for adoption. Abort it. Whatever. It's your choice. My conscience is clear. I wouldn't want the government to legislate on what I can do with my family jewel doodads or where I can put them. (These days I store them in a special safety deposit box in a bank in the Caymans.) I could go on and on but hate talking politics unless it's how funny Full Frontal with Samantha Bee's show lampoons the Republican Candidates. Watch it. Give her a chance. You bunch of Bozos.

So. To the only clown that was ever worthy of being called a clown, Bozo - you are still the greatest. The Republican Candidates? Not so much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever