Skip to main content

Dem Party Presidential Hopefuls-Part III

These days, we are so ffocused and fixated on the Coronavirus and social distancing, etc. that the impending Presidential election has taken a seat at the back of the bus. You know, where all the cool kids sit. But one thing has shaken ouut in all this. I don't have to leave my home to vote in the primary. Not on April 28th or on the new date, June 2nd. Little does it matter. There's only one candidate left. This pisses me off beccause I can't exercise my right to vote. Why bother? Biden was not my guy. And I'm not going to leavek the comfort of my Coronavirus Negative home to pull the lever...for no one. See my post about changing the primary atmosphere. [Primary]

The last time we spoke there were three Dems still in the race. Tulsi Gabbard, Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden. Tusli dropped ouut in March. Bernie suspended his campaign and thuss his bid for the Presidency this week in April. Unless something tragic or really, really weird happens, Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee by deffault by being the last man standing. I don't think that's a good start to go up against Donald Truump, who seems to have everyone in his ccamp thinkking he's Jesus Jehoshaphat Christ walking on water. I have no idea what they see in that fahker.


Biden has received endorsements from 12 former candidates in the 2020 race, including Pete Buttigieg, Michael Bloomberg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuuchar, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke and Andrew Yang. Would he choosse one of those for a running mate? I can eliminate a few right off the bat because they so directly went after him from the start, Kamalaa Harris. Can you say "bite the hand that could have fed you?" Dumbass!

I think the one thing that might hellp him is picking the correct VP running mate. I couldn't tell you who, if any of these, would be a great selection. For instance, I voted for Obama because I liked Obama. However, I did not like or understand why he chose Biden for VP. I still don't see it.

I read a recent opinion article online on Politico magazine's website. Politico is a magazine and website that covers and opines everything politicall. I don't know exactly which way they lean as they seem to attack both sides of the political spectrum equally and have an equal amount of Republicans and Democrats as readership. However, the piece I read written by Rich Lowry pointed out a lot of obvious and disturbing facts about Joe Biden. The article titled, Joe Biden, the Cipher Presidential Candidate. "He’s the presidential candidate as cipher." Writes Rich Lowry.

For those of you that are not familiar with Ciper's second noun definition:

[2] DATED
a zero; a figure 0.

What I am interpreting what Mr. Lowry is stating and supports this within his article is that Joe Biden is a zero and has very little to offer. I have to say I may agree with him. However, if he's our best chance for change from the Democrats, we may be in for another 4 years with the Reality Show Host.

Without recapitulating his article, you've got eyes; you can read for yourself. But I will point out some factors I agree.

Joe Biden is winning the nomination because he's not Sanders. He, also, leans closer to most Democrats' beliefs. The basis of his campaign is he wants to be President because he's not Trump. Which only will work if people who voted for Trump were unhappy with Trump. That remains to be seen. But what about people who supported the other candidates? Just because many of those candidates have now thrown their support to Joe, will their supporters do the same?

"He’s as purely a negative candidate as we’ve seen in a very long time, running largely on who he isn’t and what he won’t do." Opines Lowry. I have to agree with him there. A lot of what Biden stated in the debates was what he did in the past and kept Obama name dropping as if that alone will get him elected.

From the start he lagged in many polls. He has no real backing, maybe the "Party" with its agenda, but not by the majority of the voters. With barely half the states' primaries completed, he does not have a majority. Will he get there? We'll never know.

He's not charismatic like Obama or even Trump. He's more cookie cutter Democrat Party that the Big Boys want to promote more than anyone who would march into hell for him. Hillary had at least some of that going on for her in 2016. She lost because not enough people liked Hillary. I think some of Bill Clinton followed her. Not the same, but voters have a difficult time separating. Sort of the same reason why the women on the 2020 campaign trail lost steam. The Democratic party as much as they're for equal rights, and yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, they really don't want a woman at the top of the political chain. Assholes! I truly believe Bernie was correct in stating that Lizzie Warren couldn't get elected.

I don't like that no matter who wins the Top Spot he is going to be in his seventies nearing eighties. My opinion: Too fahken old to be President! There are a lot of things that are wrong with the way we choose our leaders, but they're never going to be fixed as long as it's our leaders who have to fix it. They just like doing business as usual. And that sucks for the rest of us.

Where does that leave me in November? Not voting for Trump and again, voting for the party that has the best chance on beating him. I'm as inspired as the rest of the Democratic party, I guess.

Until I unfurl my foil, or unfoil my furl, TTFN.

As it's Easter, I left you an Easter Egg in this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever