Skip to main content

My Mexican Vacation, Day 2: Rainy Days and Other Things

I think that's a Cowsills song or album title, but a very fitting title to Day 2 of my 2014 Autumn Mexican vacation. I'm writing this in the market plaza where the only Wi-Fi exists for miles. I'm smelling tobacco smoke blowing in from somewhere in this plaza where they allow people to smoke. No one has told the Mexicans or the Euro trash that smoking is a disgusting, smelly and unhealthy filthy habit or it's possible that they just...don't...care. Bastardos!

After a nearly 24-30 hours of straight downpour, the rain finally let up enough to allow us (TC and I) to walk the beach and swim in the gigantic pool. We breakfasted as we will all week at one of the two all you can gorge yourself buffets, La Plaza o El Mercado, at the hotel. This hotel is partnered with a sister hotel, Paraiso Beach. Half the restaurants are on the one property and the other half on ours, but we share. How nice? I'm not sure I like that. I never got high marks for playing well or sharing with others. Like the seagulls in Finding Nemo, I'm all "Mine, mine, mine." The breakfast buffet was as similar to any breakfast buffet any where in the world, eggs, assorted meats, cheeses, breads and sweet stuffs and a river of coffee, tea and juices.

After breakfast we walked the rest of the property, which is huge. Sooo huge, that there's a tram that will take you to your building as well as the beach or main lobby. If you don't want to walk to the market plaza, there's a little red tram that will shuttle you back and forth. However, it takes it forever to come. The same issue with the hotel tram. They should run two on an opposing schedule where they meet in the middle. There'd be less wait time, but I'm a typical American. I don't like to wait and I want it now. Bastard (me not the resort).

As I fore-mentioned, we walked the property. Walked along the white sands and frothy blue green sea. We decided to chance the weather and go swimming, It was cold at first but very refreshing and above all still beats the shit out of being at work in the good ol' USA. We went down to the shops and I did the touristy thing and bought a t-shirt. I know, I'm a Gringo schmuck. We went back to the main hotel and grabbed a little lunch at one of the snack bars by the beach, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and a few other salad and veggie dishes.

We got back to the room with time to spare to shower up and get ready for our 6:30 p.m. (7:30 p.m. Philly time) dinner reservation at La Dorada, Mediterranean themed restaurant. TC and I both ordered the classic surf and turf, Lobster tail and Steak. It was accompanied by some mashed potato or potato-like veggie and two sauteed shrimp with their heads intact. TC nearly plotzed, but I saved the day by cutting off the head and removing the shell so she could eat the delicious innards. It was all very tasty. But like our last trip to Outback Steakhouse when they had their surf and turf special, the steak and lobster tail were small. The shrimp on the other hand were huge. We don't get shrimp that size in Philly. All the restaurants offer an abundant open salad bar buffet for appetizers and dessert. There's many restaurant themed dishes offered. Comparing this resorts' food to the Secrets Silver Sands we traveled to in 2010, I like the Sands food better, but the food here is not terrible.

Each night there's a themed show. The first night was Mexico Heritage. The second night was Las Vegas. We have been too wiped out to see one yet. The show doesn't start until 9:45 p.m. We are going to try to stay alert to attend the Thursday night, Day 3, show. Magic is the theme. I like magic. We'll see if I make it and if it's worth it. Again, this is Day 3 and I'm at the market plaza accessing the Wi-Fi to write this while TC is in the spa getting some work done. Hopefully, they'll send back a well oiled, lubed, relaxed and friskier version than the one that went into the spa an hour ago. Hooray for me. You can say it...I'm a pig (El Puerco).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever