Skip to main content

Impeachment

Hi-ho! It's been over a year since I last posted anything. I've been busy!! However, I have a desire to make an observation and give an opinion concerning the Impeachment of the President.


There are a lot of memes out there these days. I wanted to give a shout-out to this young lady. I remember reading a tweet from Trump taking potshots at her. A 70 year-old rich white man picking on a 16 year-old Swedish student. How mature and responsible???

Let's frame up my mindset, I never liked the man. Ever. Long before he was a reality show icon and now the rich guy who basically bought and/or stole an election and has disgraced the office, I saw the man in commercials hawking burgers and other TV stuff. I think he always wanted to be famous for TV or movies or something. I read about his terrible business management skills. I concluded he was not concentrating on being a giant in industry. He's consistently half-assed and failed at the majority of his businesses. I just find the man loathsome. His personality is that of an entitled spoiled little man-child. Being born into a rich family gave him the impression that he was above us all. His presidency has demonstrated that. He says and does things with little consideration for the country and its people. He has alienated most of our allies. He's allowed most of our enemies to shit all over us. For every one thing he has done admirably; he's done ten that makes me shake my head and mutter "Fark me" to myself. Should he be impeached?

Let's look at what we know:

  1. There is reliable evidence that he was using the power of his office to garner information for his own gain in a sneaky, underhanded way to besmirch Joe Biden's reputation to gain an advantage in the 2020 election. (I don't think Papa Joe needs help with this. I believe he is best to self destruct in his own handsy way.)
  2. He's used every possible means to avoid and not cooperate with the House with the investigation. If it were a court of law, he would have been held in contempt and would have been jailed.
  3. If it is, in his words, a witch hunt, he should have nothing to hide and should defend himself. Anyone who is innocent and is confident that they have the truth and facts on their side, they would come forward and face their accusers. Take the stand!
  4. The only thing he's done during this process has been to tweet and name-call. This is the reaction of an entitled cry-baby man-child. If he had any dignity, he'd stop tweeting and start manning-up and face the consequences of his actions.
  5. If he had nothing to do with Quid Pro Quo, come forward. Take the stand!
  6. If his cabinet-cronies were not running amok doing their own thing trying to dig up dirt on Biden, then have them speak to Congress. Take the stand!
  7. Of course, if they were running amok in the attempt to secure a re-election for the President, then he clearly has no control over his staff. Not an impeachable offense, but demonstrates that he has no control and is not fit for his position.
Obviously, there was enough dirt for the House to frame-up two articles of impeachment. The whole process has become annoying and boring and I'm done with it. Send it to the Senate and let that wrinkled old curmudgeonly 18th century slave-owner, Mitch McConnell, kill it so life can go back to normal where half the country loves the President and the rest of us want him to wear an orange jumpsuit.

No matter what. The idiots who supported him are not going to stop supporting him. Like Jim Jones' Peoples' Temple cult in Guyana and David Koresh's Branch Davidians in Waco, these people have drunk the Kool-aid (literally) and are willing to march into the flames of hell with this asshole as their leader. So be it. No amount of explaining to these people about his unfitness for duty will change their minds. As of now, I have yet to see anything that would impress me enough to ever vote for him in 2020 or in any alternate universe.

With that said, I give my opinion on the bank of 2020 candidate options.

Democrats

Michael Bennet (D) - No, no, no.
Joe Biden (D) - No, too old.
Michael Bloomberg (D) - Don't be ridiculous! No.
Cory Booker (D) - Maybe, but he needs to get his butt into Congress first.
Pete Buttigieg (D) - Maybe, might need more life experience and a stint in Congress.
Julián Castro (D) - Not yet. He needs a little more seasoning.
John Delaney (D) - No
Tulsi Gabbard (D) - She was my choice. Stress on WAS. She disappointed me on several recent events. Her non-vote for the impeachment and some of the other crap that she said. Being attacked by Hillary, she should have chosen the high road but chose the low road. She needs more maturing and seasoning before she'll be ready for the presidency.
Amy Klobuchar (D) - Strong Maybe. Has done great things in her home state of Minnesota.
Deval Patrick (D) - No. I don't know who this is.
Bernie Sanders (I) - No, too old. I do like him, but still No. And you can't be Independent until it's a Presidential election. Choose a party, damn it!!!
Tom Steyer (D) - Very strong Maybe. Another rich guy with no political experience but talks a good game.
Elizabeth Warren (D) - No, too old and little bit wack-a-doo.
Marianne Williamson (D) - Definitely no, no, no, NOOOO!!! Go hang some crystals and speak to your Guru about why you running for president is a great waste of time and money.
Andrew Yang (D) - No. Not in touch with reality enough to be seriously considered.

The one good thing is Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and a few others whose names I can't recall have dropped out of this race. Harris is a racist and a poser. She has absolutely nothing in common with the average African-American. Gillibrand is vapid and should stay where she is in the Senate, where she can continue to underwhelm her constituents.

Republicans

Roque De La Fuente (R) - Who? No. Formerly of the Reform Party.
Donald Trump (R) - Fark NO. If you missed why, reread this piece.
Bill Weld (R) - Who? No.
Joe Walsh (R) - No. I think I actually heard of this guy and I know it's not the great James Gang and Eagles guitarist/singer-songwriter.

(Trump in red is not meant to say he's the devil, but that he is the incumbent for those who have been living under a rock the last 3-4 years.)

If I had to throw a dart at a board, the candidates that I would most likely aim for would be Steyer or Klobuchar. They're both close to my age. I have little confidence for people under 50 or over 70. So there, call me an Ageist; I don't care. Go Boomers! The younger Boomers, that is.

And then I saw this meme: 

Very funny...but could it happen? I mean, could it happen??? Faaaaqqqq!!!
Until I muster the energy to write another one of these, TTFN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever