Skip to main content

Dem Party Presidential Hopefuls

The clock is ticking down to the Iowa Caucus. Not sure why anyone should give a spit about Iowa's choice for President. I probably have next to nothing in common with those folks. However, the cast of characters that are vying for the Democratic ticket nomination has dwindled (slightly) from 428 candidates to the still less than manageable 12. There were as many as 17 maybe 20. I don't remember. However, the following have dropped out:

  • Steve Bullock. I know! Who???
  • Kamala Harris. She shot herself in the foot in the debates. She came off like a racist asshat, and she's black. I would have expected something better from her. And she kept picking on Papa Joe.
  • Julian Castro. Not yet his time, but I don't count him out for a future election.
  • Marianne Williamson. Someone who shouldn't be listening to those mystical voices in her head telling her to spend all that book revenue on a presidential campaign.
  • Cory Booker. I think, he, too, has potential. Down the road. I think he needs to run for a New Jersey congressional office first before attempting the Presidency. Get some legislative experience under his belt.
  • There may have been more, but none of those could ever have been seriously considered or remembered.
The remaining 12 are:
  1. Michael Bennet. He could be the next to drop out. I don't see him having any strong showing anywhere. Not even in his home state of Colorado.
  2. Joe Biden. Still one of those contenders, but in my not so humble opinion, is too damn old and keeps stepping on his tongue every time he opens his mouth.
  3. Michael Bloomberg. Rich guy. Ran the city of New York quite well for three terms. Late comer to the party. Has support. Not necessarily mine, but is a better choice than Donald J. Trump. However, I can't rule him out.
  4. Pete Buttigieg. (Budda-jedge). At least, I think that's how it's pronounced. Seems to be a sharp guy, who constantly reminds us that he's young. Okay. Probably too young to be president. I believe as I do for Booker, Pete needs to get a few years of Congress representation in his portfolio before he runs for President. However, he does have a strong following and may fair very well in the primaries, but without my support and vote. Too damn young and has only been a mayor of a relatively small city.
  5. John Delaney. Another candidate that should drop out. Not that he's a bad candidate. He has Congressional experience, but I really don't know much about him or where he stands on a lot of issues because he's only been in one debate.
  6. Tulsi Gabbard. Oh, Tulsi. You broke my farking heart. After her first couple of appearances in the debates, I thought, she's young; she has government experience; active military service; she sounds intelligent; was dropping spit all over Kamala Harris. I like that. She could be the one. But then when she had the opportunity to take the high road with Hilary Clinton's comments, she didn't. Pissed me off. Then when the impeachment vote came, she didn't commit one way or the other. She abstained or gave a non-vote. Not what I want to see in a President. Take a stand. Yay or Nay! So, she's out for me.
  7. Amy Klobuchar. Amy is close to my age. So, I can relate to her, I think. (Truly, I don't know if I relate to anybody who can afford to run for a government office. That ship is expensive!) I liked what I heard from her up until she sounded unrehearsed and perplexed (sorta!) in the last debate. She's not out for me, but I reserve the right to a write-in vote for Barack Obama.
  8. Deval Patrick. Really? Who in the hell is this guy? Seriously. In all fairness, I looked him up, but he has yet to have been in a debate. He's a two-term Governor from Massachusetts. And he's black. One of the last African-American candidates on the ballot. But as he's bolstering no following, he should save his money and drop out.
  9. Bernie Sanders. Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. He's a good guy. Very admirable. He's always had the peoples' back. But he too puts his foot in his mouth sometimes. Like Papa Joe. And like Papa Joe, he's too old. Is he out for me? Maybe, but it all depends on who else we have to choose from in April when the primaries roll around to Pennsylvania.
  10. Tom Steyer. Another late comer billionaire. I don't find a lot of fault with him. He's around my age. Another plus. Not too old. Not too young. No experience within the snake pit we call Congress. He smacks of a time which some of you might remember when Ross Perot, billionaire, ran for President in 1992 against Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush, as a third party Independent candidate. He actually had an impressive turnout but received no Electoral votes. However, he did receive the majority of his votes form Clinton's home state of Arkansas. Makes you wonder. Tom could do some good, but I'm hesitant in giving him my full support yet.
  11. Elizabeth Warren. Four years ago I would have supported her fully. Not so much today. Liz has also the same issue of sometimes shoving her size 8s into her mush. Also, she's right up there with Bernie and Papa Joe. They're old. Too old for my liking. My feeling is if you can retire, legitimately not early, then you are too old for public office. She's a strong candidate with much support, but not for me unless the choice is between her and Trump, then she's my girl.
  12. Andrew Yang. He's a character. That's for sure. However, no government experience. Tons of money. He's young but not too young. He's very successful. Another billionaire. The only other "minority" running for President. Obama liked him enough in 2012 to give him the Champion of Change Award and in 2015 named him presidential ambassador for global entrepreneurship. Not bad, except Obama has yet to throw his support to any of the candidates. No matter how many times Papa Joe reminds us that he and Barack were best buds for 8 years or so. The jury is still out on whether I would throw my vote to Mr. Yang.
With that said, I have no strong inclination for who I might vote for in April. It'll come down to who is on the ballot. One thing is for certain: In November, I'm voting for the Democrat whoever, he or she, will be. Even if they remove that colossal jackhole from the Presidency, there's another jackhole right behind him, Mike Pence. This guy is living in the wrong century for what his beliefs reflect. He's like Trump-lite. Either way, we can't use either one of these clowns after January 2021. I'm not sure if any of this was helpful to any of you, but that's what I'm here for...to offer no help. Until next time, kiddies, TTFN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever