Skip to main content

Christmas Time Is Here Again! O-U-T spells OUT!

 The title is a Beatles thing. You need to be a fan to understand. 


Well, Dec25 is almost here. And again, I have no idea what to get the few who I do shop for. However, I get a real kick out of the stereotypes that online big box stores like Walmart suggest.

Adult Women:

  1. Perfume
  2. Jewelry
  3. Oversize Knit Sweater
  4. Instant Pot
  5. Another gaudy oversize sweater with giant hearts
  6. Another Instant Pot
  7. The Pioneer Woman 2-Piece Rectangular Ruffle Top Ceramic Bakeware Set
  8. A Blender
  9. Assorted beauty related hair doo-dads
  10. Air Fryer
Do you see what I'm driving at? These are travesties for gifts. I think I would be unattached if I gave thoughtless phoning-it-in type of gifts like these.

Would-be Walmart Christmas Slogans:

When you truly no longer care, give crap. 
To show how much your love has really waned, an Instant Pot. 

It's not much better for men.

Adult Men:
  1. A 44" Portable Basketball Hoop (for the guy who never exercises!)
  2. Apple Airpods with case (this may actually be a feasible gift for anyone.)
  3. Nintendo Switch Light
  4. Sony Playstation 4 DualShock 4 Controller in Magma Red (or was that MAGA Red?)
  5. 60 x 80 Sherpa Photo Blanket (No one...I mean, No MAN wants this...EVER!)
  6. Cricut Explore Air 2 Emerald Machine (I don't know what it is or what it's used for, nor care.)
  7. NBA Jam Arcade Machine w/ WiFi from Arcade1Up (A full-size video arcade game. WTF?)
  8. An 8-person tent (for the man who hates the outdoors.)
  9. Aerosmith Greatest Hits CD (Really???)
  10. And yes, of course, an Instant Pot...(they're really pushing the hell out of that thing.)
As you can clearly witness the stereotypes: For women, get to work in the kitchen and "make me pretty" gifts. For men, let's have fun and "be boys with toys" gifts. Someone really needs to work with Walmart and get them to update their mindset. So outdated and offensive.

I listed 20 gifts not by importance but how they appeared as I scanned down the lists. You would have thought they would have led with the big ticket eye popping items.

Now for my traditional soapbox speech:

Christmas is for the kiddies. Buy for the children because they can't buy whatever the hell they want because 99.9% don't have jobs or any income. Adults can buy whatever the hell they want after they pay the important stuff like mortgage/rent, car payment, insurance, food, the kids' school stuff, alimony, palimony and child support from your previous marriages...okay, maybe you don't have much leftover to buy that $400 NBA arcade game, but you really only need what you already have...a 65" LED TV. If you don't have that, well, who told you to get married and have all these damn kids? 

The truth is Christmas is supposed to be about being Thankful for what you've got. Unless you have COVID, then you have little to be thankful for. If you lost someone to COVID because the government acted too slow or you refused to listen to Fauci's warnings, then you really are up Schitt's Creek. (You don't need a subscription to watch that now. I think Comedy Central is airing it on Friday nights.) So, save your money because from the looks of it there is probably not going to be another stimulus package before 2021 drags its ass onto the scene. 

Give love to each other instead, as long as you haven't had too much togetherness over the last nine months. Crikey! That reminds me. How many of you are about ready to pop out yet another kid?

Well, I have no words of comfort. Still, have a happy and safe Christmas and a sober, stay at home New Year. Cheers! Until next time, TTFN.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever