Skip to main content

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????


'YOUR FEEDBACK:  Did JetBlue make the right call by forcing this woman to change her shorts, before she boarded the plane? 

THE STORY: JetBlue offered the Seattle woman (pictured below) a free flight after she said she was forced to purchase a change of clothes.  Her shorts were deemed too short by airline employees. The woman says she purchased a $22 pair of pajama pants, which she was also refunded for, so that she could board the flight.  She wants the airline to apologize and clarify their dress code.'

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey.

I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever venture. JUDGING THE CUSTOMER. I never was a fan of the "Customer is always right" ideology. However, in this case, they are. Your individual moral compass should never be forced on someone else, especially a customer. If it's your kid that you're raising and supporting and you want to tell her how to dress, go for it. She's your responsibility. But, if she's over 18 and on her own, step off, lady and mister. As long as all the naughty bits are covered (regardless of camel toe), no one should be criticized, ostracized or made to feel embarrassed of their appearance. Hell, we allow (tolerate) people with tats on every part of exposed skin, face piercings and weird hair dyes to be employed in retail, auto mechanics, food preparation/service and whatever without persecution. (Funny, you don't find too many face pierced or tattooed lawyers or Wall Streeters, do ya?)

Can you imagine some pimply faced teenager standing behind the Mickey D's counter refusing to sell two Big Macs, supersized fries and an extra large chocolate shake to a behemoth that is one clogged artery thrombosis away from a complete cardiac arrest? NO!!!! FURK NO!!!! That's just one viral Facebook posting away to disrupting the employment of 50,000 plus face-pierced and tattooed youth and condemning an American culinary institute that has been contributing to obesity and heart issues for 75 plus years. It would be an outrage. You just don't do that shite. Everybody is responsible for themselves. Like smokers, if you want to pollute your lungs and die a horrible agonizing death, go for it. Just don't blow your exhaled smokey shite in the air where I breathe. It's like the new asshola mayor of Philadelphia and his council cronies trying to pass a Philadelphia Soda Tax. WTF??? This idea was shot down over 4 years ago when the prior mayor suggested it. The money is to be used to help fund Pre-K and other school related issues. Bullspit!!! I have seen what happens to so-called Tax to fund projects. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania morons tacked on a gasoline tax years ago (which is why gas in NJ and DE is lower than PA) to help fund road improvements and repairs. Yet for the last several winters, the roads were ravaged by the weather and very few improvements or repairs were made until recently. And they're still not that good. Poor patches and sloppy resurfacing. I've got potholes at both ends of my shared driveway that the city won't repair. And try to get your neighbors to chip in to hire someone, good luck. It's just not going to fly. Well, this blog has gone sideways here.

In this case, as tacky and humorous I found this outfit, it should have been allowed to board just for its entertainment value. I mean airlines rarely feed you anymore. They don't offer any visual or aural entertainment. A 5 to 6 hour flight is going to be EXTREMELY boring if you can't find something to occupy your mind. I'm an avid reader, but even I need a break for my eyes and mind. And seeing this little honey parade up or down the aisle to the lavatory would have been a refreshing break. I'm just saying. I'd paid for that entertainment. Then again, I guess, people (MEN) do pay her for that sort of entertainment.

If you want to be offended by her outfit, I'd start with the zebra stripes clashing with the tiger stripes. Don't they teach anything useful to these kids in school anymore. To boot, she's a burlesque dancer. (If you hadn't read the article, that's what I was alluring (I mean, alluding) to in the previous paragraph.) She's not used to wearing that much clothing anyhow. Give her a break. My only complaint is all the pictures are of her body and none of her face. If she looks like this guy, Image result for phantom of the operathen all bets are off.

JetBlue, stop judging people's wardrobe and lifestyles and pass around some goddamn peanuts. And a FULL can of Coke would be nice too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh