Skip to main content

Asexual Or No Sexual





First, like many bloggers and media stars, I want to send my condolences to the victims' families and everyone in Orlando and THE WORLD. This latest tragedy in Orlando has everyone disturbed, upset and pissed off. Not only has it yet again shaken the feeling of security in this country, it has throughout the world. Everyone is feeling the angst and pain due to a minority of people promoting a terribly misguided ideology. I'm no scholar of the Muslim religion, but I'm quite positive it does not preach the destructive actions of ISIL/ISIS or its devotees. I can't call these people Brainwashed. Brainwashing can be undone. This type of fanaticism can be best described as Brain Damaged. There's something not correct in their thinking and belief system. Killing is not normal. Killing for food, yes. Killing those that are different or out of hate, well there you have it. The answer is a resounding NO. Yet, trace back mankind's history it has always been there. When and how can it be stopped?

The past few days, I watched the News coverage of the Orlando murders. Murders because an act of war would have given the victims a chance to defend or attack, which they had neither. I did not attend any candle-lit vigils. I just don't do that sort of thing. I believe candle-lit vigils serve to honor the victims while falsely giving the vigil attendees a sense of security. No matter how much praying and singing and announcing lists of victims names, this travesty will not end without action. We are beyond hand-holding prayer chains. Action needs to be taken now. No American should need a large cache of weapons especially a weapon of mass murder like an AR-15. Former President Bush used WMDs for an excuse to invade Iraq. How many more mass shootings does the world have to endure before world governments take action and do something more to protect its citizens? My intention is not to rant on this matter. This is just something I needed to vent here. Today. More on this later. Maybe tomorrow.

Sexuality.

Many believe the Orlando crime was a hate crime against the LGBT(Q) community. Many believe it was more a crime of opportunity. I support the second opinion. The Jackhole perpetrator of this mass shooting chose this venue out of convenience. A large enclosed space. Lots of potential victims. Limited security. He originally wanted to invade a Disney property, based on the television news reports. However, the desired body count would not have met the level of mayhem he desired. Disney properties have a high level of security and the only property he possibly could have wreak havoc would have been the Market Place which is heavily patrolled by police. He chose an innocent, harmless place of entertainment and joy. What is more joyous than dancing? Well, sex and eating. And necessarily in that order.

Because of this event, news feeds and web reports had noted comments from and for the LGBTQ network of supporters and such. This rose an immediate question. What's the Q stand for? Over the years this particular demographic was referred to as Gay, then Gay and Lesbian. Then, it added the Bi-sexual and Transgender communities. Because, we know the ultra-conservative right-wing bible-thumpers who are too busy clenching their butts to keep that stick firmly planted in their rectums would never include these factions among their numbers. For the longest time I now recognized that group as LGBT. This week someone added the Q. I am not one who stays on top of trends. I don't watch reality shows like American Idol, Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Big Brother, Housewives of {insert location here}, Amazing Race, Top/Next Models, the Fresh Prince, (okay, I threw that one in there to see if you were paying attention), or any show in that vein. I like the cooking show competitions. I see them more like game shows than reality shows.

When I saw the Q, I had to investigate. Well, you know what happens when you research on the internet; you get more than what you were searching for. My search led me to find that the Q stood for Queer or more appropriately, Questioning. Questioning defined as not sure how you identify yourself. Well, that just opened up a can of beans. I found links to all sorts of sexuality identifying web finds.

Asexual was one of them. So. You now can identify yourself as Hetero (commonly known as Straight), LGBTQ, or one or more of the following Asexual terminologies. I found this from our friends at Wikipedia.

Concerning romantic or emotional aspects of sexual orientation or sexual identity, asexuals may identify as heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, or by the following terms to indicate that they associate with the romantic, rather than sexual, aspects of sexual orientation:

aromantic; lack of romantic attraction towards anyone
biromantic; as opposed to bisexual
heteroromantic; as opposed to heterosexual
homoromantic; as opposed to homosexual
panromantic; as opposed to pansexual

There's one other category one can identify themselves as: a gray-A (such as a gray-romantic, demiromantic, demisexual or semisexual) because they feel that they are between being aromantic and non-aromantic, or between asexuality and sexual attraction. While the term gray-A may cover anyone who occasionally feels romantic or sexual attraction, demisexuals or semisexuals experience sexual attraction only as a secondary component, feeling sexual attraction once a reasonably stable or large emotional connection has been created. [Wikipedia]

I'm thoroughly confused. I like females is all I know. However, asexual best describes Jim Parson's Sheldon Cooper character on the Big Bang Theory. He wants not of the human flesh. He's about the cerebral. Okay. Sometimes I feel like that too. However, in real life to me there are two categories: You do it or you don't do it. With whom you do it or don't do it with or if you do it alone is not of my concern. Broadcasting your decision is not necessary. It falls under the category of TMI. We know Straight people do it by they're pushing of a stroller or having a tribe in tow. We know Lesbians are capable, because they have the factory to prove it. How the product gets in there is no one's business but their own. Gay men are capable through adoption or surrogacy. Again, none of anybody's business.

People preach tolerance. People also think tolerance means you need to accept something and like it. Not true. I don't like the Republican party's ideology, but I feel they have the right to be all the asshole they can be. Tolerance is not the embracing of all lifestyles. It's the acceptance without prejudice that there are other lifestyles besides your own that have the right to exist. You don't have to like it. You can murmur slurs behind their backs. I do for everybody. Straight couples with children are referred to as Breeders. I can't stand children. I have none. I'm not a fan of welfare recipients who refuse to take the opportunities offered in this country to better themselves and become part of the American GNP. I call them several names that are derogatory and should never be used in public by anyone. Yes. Sometimes I'm a bad person. I've strayed from the subject.

In Summary, your choices are (choose wisely):

With sexual activity included, you can be:
  • Heterosexual, 
  • Lesbian,
  • Gay,
  • Bisexual, or
  • Queer (not sure how this differs to anyone of the 4 above).
Without sexual activity (by choice or bad luck), you can be:
  • Heteromantic
  • Homoromantic
  • Biromantic
  • Aromantic, or
  • Panromantic (WTF? Another choice? Panromantic like pansexual refers to those "not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity." I don't know how this differs from any of the other categories. What do I know? For me, I'm just going to keep it in my pants.

Coexist has been a popular sticker found on the back bumper of vehicles from Mercedes Benz to VW Bugs since the Millennium. It refers to the acceptance of other religious beliefs. A common goal for everyone to get along. One common version of the bumper sticker spells "COEXIST" using an Islamic crescent moon for the "C", a peace sign for the "O", a combination of the male symbol and female symbol for the "E", a Star of David for the "X", a pentagram for the dot of the "I", a yin-yang symbol for the "S", and a Christian cross for the "T". This version is perhaps the most common version of the bumper sticker. [Wikipedia] Someone should incorporate sexual identities in this as well, because it appears radical Islamist will use every excuse to terrorize the world to promote their distorted version of the world.

One thing needed to bring about change, peace and harmony is education. Education against hate. Hate is the main motivator by terrorists alike. Radical Islamist, KKK, White Supremacist, Neo-Nazis, Nation of Islam, the New Black Panther Party, to name a few, all use hatred for motivation. Education alone may not bring about enough change or the change required. Brain Damage is not a mental or physical disease in terms of radical ideologies. There's a personality trait lacking. More education may even fuel new or further fanaticism. But action needs to be taken now. I read that "it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile". Less is more. So smile. It also takes no muscles to do nothing. Something the world leaders have been doing since this crisis started 4 decades ago. Yes, terrorism has been around since the Seventies. It has worn many hats and faces. One last factoid: It only takes 3 muscles for a perfect trigger pull. In this case, more would be more. World Leaders: Move more than 3 muscles and maybe we can do more to stop this disease that is plaguing our World. Ask yourself WWTD? What Would Tom Do? Answer: Get off my ass and get the United Nations to go after these bastards. A World Presence would tell ISIL that we're not going to take it ANYMORE.



PS. We all know that people who own or carry BIG guns are compensating for having a LITTLE Bing-Bing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever