Skip to main content

Coronavirus, Part 13 - Catching-up

I have stepped back from this nightmare for a week or so to work on another post that I'm now stepping back from it to catch-up on the Coronavirus pandemic. Sometimes you have to take a break, rethink things, and approach it possibly from another side or at least, with fresh eyes.

Things we learned recently. Congress is reluctant to return to Washington, D.C. because it has become a hot spot for Coronavirus. In spite of that, Trump still wants to reopen the country. What's a few thousand more deaths to him? However, the funny haha moment is now there are staffers inside the WH that are Covid positive. Some key personnel, like Dr. Fauci, are self quarantining because of having contact with the infected staffers. And Trump still refuses to wear a mask. And his VP too. Who takes over the country if these two assclowns die from the Coronavirus? Something to think about.

About 6 states are reopening or planning to reopen soon and about half the country is considering a partial reopening of some businesses. I guess they too care more about making money than living to spend it. Oh, well! More for me. As Republican asshat Dan Patrick, Texas’s 70-year-old lieutenant governor, was quoted recently, “There are more important things than living, and that’s saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us.” Really??? ROFLMFAO!!! If that isn't the most asinine statement a politician can ever say, I don't know what is. Oh, wait. The President suggested injecting disinfectant into ourselves to fight the virus. I correct myself. He wins. The Asinine Statement Award goes to Donald Trump.

You like pictures? Here's one from the New York Times:



The other thing people are refusing to register in their pea-sized brains is flattening the curve doesn't mean things are good or can go back to normal. It means people are still infected just at a lower or slower rate. Those infected are still getting sick possibly at a lower or slower rate. And those who are sick and are not getting well...are dying, hopefully, you got it, at a lower or slower rate.  Of the states that are reopening, they are still not meeting one of the basic criteria set-down by the Trump Administration last month: A declining percentage of virus tests that come back positive. This tells me if you reopen the state with positive test on the rise, you're going to increase those positives exponentially. When it comes to viruses, that's a good thing for the virus, but a very, very bad thing for the humans.

Even though it's mandated and requested, people are still ignoring the social distancing and mask wearing protocols by gathering in groups in parks and on beaches. Assholes! SMDH! For their sake, I hope they don't catch it, but if they do, C'est la vie! Doesn't matter to me. My life will go on without them just fine. People are going to die in spite of everything we do to try to prevent it.

Trump stated that the death toll was more than he anticipated but still better than what they originally projected. There's no way that he should have tried to find an upside to this. People are still DEAD. And he still blames China. Well, we all blame China. That's where the damn thing started. But we need to blame this administration for not taking action quicker. He let the whole month of February go by before doing anything. Also, he still has not used the Defense Production Act. This could help get more PPE, tests and the like. Without more testing or the availability of tests, reopening now is going to cause more sickness and deaths. This is not just my belief, which it is my belief, but the doctors, scientists and probably most of the Democrats in Congress.

Here are some quotes from survivors, taken from The New York Times.

“I felt like there was an anvil sitting on my chest.”

“Doing anything other than laying in bed and sleeping was difficult.”

“I was just gasping. It felt like drowning.”

"I didn’t want to do anything. And my brain wasn’t working very well. I was calling it 'the corona fog'.”

"It felt like a very long hangover. Smelling something, getting nauseous. The headache."

Does any of this sound like something you want to subscribe to?

With the unemployment rate reaching nearly 14.7%, there are a lot of people not making ends meet and worse than that, there are a lot of people not eating, especially children. Thankfully, Americans are banding together and making donations and food banks are issuing meals and groceries in a time where the government is still slow in sending out stimulus checks. I received mine, but I know many who have not. What's the hold-up, King Donald?

Here's another example that POTUS is not up for the challenge. He declared he was disbanding the Virus Task Force. Within a week, he reversed that decision. Well, what is it? Do we need them or don't we? The New York Times chief White House correspondent Peter Baker, wrote in a news analysis: “Confronted with America’s worst public health crisis in generations, President Trump declared himself a wartime president. Now he has begun doing what past commanders have done when a war goes badly: Declare victory and go home.” That's exactly what he has done. He wants to reopen the country and leave us to deal with all of this on our own. And yet, he uses every opportunity to bash the Democrats, contradict the CDC or any medical professional, and use every media appearance to advertise his brand for reelection. Why? Does he really want to be President still? His ratings are low. It's the main reason why he left that pseudo reality show. His ratings gradually dropped from the start until he bailed from it.


If his Presidential ratings are like this, I can't see why he would still want to be in a job where no one wants him. Find a new reality show.

One strange but possibly great thing that may be coming on the horizon: a cure for COVID-19. Really! Researchers in Belgium have been experimenting with llamas and finding that their antibodies have staved off SARS, MERS and yes, COVID-19 infections. More tests need to be done, but it appears camelids may be the humanoid's salvation. We can only hope because if we have to rely on humans alone, we're fuct.

Here's a link to a Coronavirus BLOG written by a man much, much more smarter than me. READ IT! It's written by a college professor who studies and understands infectious diseases. And his BLOG went viral. (Only wish something I write would go viral. Fahk it all!) I will not give you a link to the Anti-vaxxers-Coronavirus Hoax documentary, "Plandemic." It's pure bullshit and has no factual merits. And their experts are frauds.

Please take this virus seriously. Stop thinking that it's some big ploy or hoax or whatever. You've been watching too many disaster or DC and Marvel Comics movies.

And the same thing that I've mentioned many times before, you're home; do some reading. Read about the Bubonic (Black) Plague. All plagues seem to follow the same MO. It kills. It stops for a short while. It comes back in double force killing more in the second round. Don't be a fahken statistic. Stay home as much as possible. Wear masks when you are out. Wash and/or sanitize your hands as often as possible and lastly, don't touch your face. It's ugly enough. Leave it alone.

Until our next update, TTFN.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever