Skip to main content

The Downfall Of The Western Civilization...

...could be seen on the highways and roadways in and around Philadelphia.  A dangerous combination has been growing exponentially.  Roads that cannot handle the increased volume of automobiles, unsafe damaged roadwork, road construction and careless, reckless drivers.  This is a recipe for disaster and mayhem.

First, I have been a registered driver for 40 years with an unimpeachable driving record.  Some of the driving I've witnessed over the years tell me that my doom and gloom is not far off kilter.  I believe if you are going to drive through the Philadelphia area you should know the "Rules."

Things I've Learned and things that Philly Drivers (PD) do.

Learned: Red lights and Stop signs mean STOP.
PD: Stop only if cross traffic is coming and there are no traffic cams.

Learned: Right on Red is after coming to a complete stop and on-coming traffic clear.
PD: Don't stop, just turn, cut-off on-coming traffic, rundown pedestrians in the crosswalk.  F*ck 'em all!

Also, No Turn On Red means NO TURN ON RED, d-bags.  And to boot, No Turns On Red between 6 am. to 6 pm. does not mean you can turn right on red except on Full Moons, third Saturdays in months that start with an A or when there's a Republican in the White House.  If it's 8 a.m., you don't get to turn on red because you're late for work.  You're already in dutch with the boss, Dickweed.
Learned: You pass slower vehicles on the left and when it's safe.
PD: Pass on the left, right, above, below, by land or by sea. Who cares how you do it?  Just do it.

Learned: Merging.  Take turns and be considerate to other drivers and vehicles.
PD: Race up the road, cut-off and bully your way into the line and flip-off the other drivers.

Learned: Pedestrians have the Right-of-Way.
PD: Slow down enough to let them run to clear the street.

Learned: Follow other vehicles at a safe distance.
PD: Ride their ass until they get out of your way.

Learned: Speed limits should be obeyed.
PD: Speed limits are merely suggestions.

Learned:  Motorcycles must obey all the same road rules as other motor vehicles.
PD: Drive/ride like you're one of the renegade riders from Mad Max.

Also, crotch-rocket riders, if you want other motorists to watch for you and respect your rights to be on the road, OBEY the !@#$% rules of the road too.  This translates to don't pass on the right.  Don't ride the dotted white line between lanes like it's your personal lane that includes the bicycle lane too, Evel Knievel.

Therefore, drive safe for the life you may save could be mine.  And I've got a lot of shit left to do and I refuse to die in auto accident because some smacked-ass can't follow simple driving courtesy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever