Skip to main content

Coronavirus, Part 4 - Cause & Effect

In an earlier post, I jokingly made accusations that the Coronavirus came from Russia or Chinese Weapons laboratories. I should be more careful how I joke because the idiots on the far right Rush Limbaugh, Sen. Tom Cotton (R), Steve Bannon and The Washington Post have published articles and made public statements declaring this accusation as truth. It's not. It's part of the Trump Administration misinformation. Don't believe these idiots. Because...they're idiots and do not have the medical training or knowledge to be commenting on anything concerning the common cold let alone the Coronavirus.

It started in the Wuhan Province, China. It was an animal virus that a human contracted. Then it was passed human to human exponentially. It was not created in a Chinese Laboratory. One of the few falsehoods that have been published and since has been debunked. It is believed that it came from bats via another animal that humans came in contact with. This article by Molly Stellino of USA Today explains a lot and shares links where actual fact checking was performed and not a bunch of unsupportable fear mongering. She does point that out though for contrast.

How did it pass between animal and human? It is believed that the pangolin was the link between animal and human. See below. Ugly little bastard, isn't it? The consensus among researchers studying the spread of the virus pinpoints COVID-19’s likely origin to a live animal market, in Wuhan, China. [USA Today] However, it is also believed other animals may have been involved in the conspiracy. The animal uprising has begun. Or maybe not. But I am no longer ordering Pangolin Mai Fun from my local Chinese restaurant.

 
Chinese Pangolin

What still remains to be understood is how it is being spread from human to human. If you are demonstrating no signs of the illness, but test Covid-19 positive, how are you spreading it? If you are not coughing droplets of disease onto your friends and family, how are they contracting it? Is it airborne? No one is saying. So the immediate solution is wash your hands often and practice social distancing. But this can't go on forever. Whatever the truth is, it will come out someday. In the meantime, we all live in...

Fear! Fear has become the main emotion and effect most people are exuding. With fear comes irrational behavior. Violence. For instance, the hoarding of toilet paper. Fights have actually happened in supermarkets as people duke it out for the last 6 roll package of 2 ply bathroom tissue. I know I've been harping about this but I don't understand the fear of not being able to wipe your ass. The weather is nice. Just run your bum over the grass in your yard. I've seen dogs do it and they're none the worse for wear.

Why the hoarding? This fear of the unknown is probably the main cause. For others, they're just jackholes. Like the jerk who now is stuck with 17 thousand bottles of sanitizer he thought he was going to make a financial killing preying on people's fear. People have never experienced what we are all experiencing right now. They don't know how to behave. However, when it comes to survival, we only think of ourselves. There is no we in community. There is an I. Unfortunately, people don't think about the future and only of today. I understand this a little but not enough to totally shut out the rest of the world. I can understand stocking up for a few weeks, but some folks are stocking up enough to last six months. All that is going to do is paint a bulls-eye on your home. If anyone catches wind of how much you are hoarding, you're going to wish the Zombie Apocalypse was real compared to the angry mob storming your home and robbing you blind. You have to think short term and keep other people's needs in mind too.

The true enemy is something that can't be seen. We are not sure where this enemy is or how and when it will attack. What do we do? The short term solution:

We lock ourselves up in our own prisons and hoard our fanny wipe and try to entertain ourselves. But for those who have a large family and/or rambunctious little ones, this is one step toward insanity. Stir crazy. Cabin fever. Claustrophobia. PTSD. This may be how you are feeling since departing from the day to day life you were accustomed to. People, for the most part, are habitual and generally, stupid. I don't mean that as an insult either. We are creatures of habit. We wake around the same time everyday. We do certain things everyday around the same time. We go to bed around the same time every night. You get the picture. We don't spend all our time in our homes or bedrooms 24/7. It could be too much closeness. You love your family but Christ you need a break once in a while. I feel for you. There's another aspect those who have families don't see. When you don't have the company of your family or the outlet to go out and do things, you are alone. Loneliness could be detrimental.

Being alone, for many, is depressing and demoralizing. And if you suffer from depression could send you over the edge. Socialization through work, worship, shopping or dining may be the only source of human contact some people have. Community is not just the people you know, but the people you don't know. And they may not live in your town, city, state or country. Reach out through social media or the good old fashion telephone and check on people, especially shut-ins. They may need a kind word and reassurance too.

We're all in this together. Whether we want to be or not. We are. The anchor persons of the real news and fake news (Fox News) have all stated this ad nauseam as I am doing so now. Look out for each other by respecting the boundaries. Why six feet is far enough or not far enough, I don't know, but keep your distance. If you feel sick, stay home. This like every other sickness that ever was will end. Stay strong. Stay sane. Stay kind. And laugh a little. Humor is the best medicine in times like these. And for fux sake, don't watch movies about disease outbreaks. My brother told me yesterday that the movie, Outbreak, which he was watching, was the number 3 movie on Netflix. The third popular movie. WTF, people? I hope the first two spots were something funny or Disney. Sheesh! Talk about feeding your paranoia and fears. Hollywood rarely makes a movie that is true. More like over the top fiction. Find something happy to spend your time on.

Until next time, TTFN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever