Skip to main content

Coronavirus, Part 16 - The Second Wave

As skeptics, like me, have already forecasted, the numbers are beginning to rise again in many states. It's not even a case of opening too soon. It's a case that people are not obeying the mask wearing or social distancing. States that opened up before the word was given have shown rise in cases. A rise in cases does not necessarily mean a catastrophe. If these cases are weaker, maybe there won't be as many deaths. However, as far as pandemics in the past have shown, this may not be so. We may actually be coming into the worse phase of this pandemic.

Trump's reaction as he stated at his Tulsa rally was "Why all the testing? If you do more testing, of course, you'll have more cases. Stop all the testing!" Is he kidding? Is he punking his legion of minions? Or is he that daft that he thinks if we stop testing the virus will be eradicated? He is the poster boy for denial. You can't deny what the hospitals are reporting. Since this thing started he has not been on top of the situation. I hope the people who voted for this clown will have come to their senses by November.

The map below shows the states' status of cases over the last two weeks. That equates to 28,095 new cases and 283 new deaths. States like New York and New Jersey that had the most this past Spring have continued to trend down where states in the South and West have increased drastically. California, Texas, Florida, Arizona and North Carolina are the top 5 states with the most increase in cases over the past two weeks, setting new records for daily increases. If you live in any of these states or your state is not green below, stay the hell home.

Besides the U.S. territories, Vermont, Hawaii, Montana, Alaska and Wyoming show the least number of increase in cases. However, based on population, Hawaii has the greatest increase of cases by population (500%) followed by Oregon, Guam, Oklahoma and Montana. Numbers and stats can be tricky and deceiving. States like Massachusetts, Virginia, Illinois, Connecticut and New Hampshire have trended below the number of their cases in the previous weeks. You are free to go out and frolic. Just kidding. Stay the hell home too.

The total, as of today, are 2.32 million cases and 122 thousand deaths. Compared to flu stats, this may seem mild, but the 2019-2020 flu stats were 39-56 million cases but only 24-62 thousand deaths. Easily there are 200-400% more deaths by COVID-19 than the flu and with a smaller population infected. Clearly, this pandemic is still much more deadlier than the flu. Yet, people ignore the signs. Idiots!


We have to ask ourselves is this really the start of the Second Wave of COVID-19 or is just catching the people who have managed to avoid it until now because they were quarantined? And with the increase of testing, we may be catching the ones that showed no symptoms and would have been counted sooner had they been tested in the Spring. Whatever the reason the virus is on the rise again. As for this cowboy, I'm staying home and will continue to order take out instead of sitting in a restaurant. I'll continue to shop online instead of going to my happy place (Kohl's). I admit I have been frequenting Walmart for odds and ends and occasionally groceries when I can't find what I want from the local grocery chains. But that is it!

Dr. Fauci is frustrated that people are ignoring science and aren't following the virus guidelines. He's noted how over the last month that it could be seen that masks were not being worn or social distancing being adhered to at protests, marches, Memorial Day holiday festivities or even at the SpaceX launch. He predicted and I concurred months ago: Things are going to get worse. I believe the cavalier and carefree attitudes people have taken over the last few months has caught-up to them.

At least, I have my health still. I hope all of you do too. Stay home. Wear masks. Wash your damn hands. Don't touch your face...or anyone else's for that matter. Don't have sex either. Until next time, TTFN.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever