Skip to main content

Flags

Every country, county, city and organization has one of these. The these I'm referring to is a flag. Flags date back centuries. They were used mostly to identify an army or a kingdom. Flags were used to signal via semaphore code. Nautical flags were used to communicate with allied forces as well as their own ships or in peacetime, to signal a diver down or an emergency. Social or local organizations each have their own flags to differentiate their organizations from others. I'm no fan of flags of any kind. So, when it comes to the pledge of allegiance or the national anthem, I'm very apathetic. A flag does not make a country. The people do. However, I understand the symbolism and why people get their knickers all in a twist when someone disrespects the flag. And that's good for them. It's also good for those who disrespects the flag because our country's principles were founded. The right to express yourself. To speak out. To speak your mind and to demonstrate peaceably. 

Nautical Flags

However, certain flags should NEVER be flown in the United States. Those of our enemies. Even though we are currently not really at war with these countries, they are still perceived as adversaries: China, Russia and North Korea, as examples. But there is one American born flag that also should never again be flown and has been for 150 years, mainly, in the southern states. The Confederate Flag. 

This flag is not a proud American flag, like the original "Betsy Ross" flag or the "Don't Tread on Me" flag. The Confederate flag signifies something VERY un-American.

This flag does not represent a watermark victory or anything admirable to this country and I mean the USA not the CSA. To me, and many others, this flag represents the way things were 150 plus years ago. A time where blacks were treated like property and racism ruled. More than that, it best notes a time where part of the country left the rest of the country behind. An insurrection. Traitors. Anyone else would have been imprisoned or led to the gallows. A Confederate flag should never be flown in this country ever. It was never part of America. It was its own thing and that thing ended in 1865.

This week NASCAR has banned displaying the Confederate flag at all NASCAR events. This is something that should have happened years ago. Also, a notable mention: Last Saturday, protesters tore down the statue of Confederate General Williams Carter Wickham from its pedestal in Richmond’s Monroe Park. They also removed and dumped Christopher Columbus in a lake at Byrd Park. And the major coup was Jefferson Davis' statue was torn down.

Nancy Pelosi called for the removal of all Confederate statues from the U.S. Capitol yesterday. Wait! What? WTF are statues of Confederate politicians and/or Generals doing in Washington. The losers don't get podiums. The team that loses the World Series or the Super Bowl don't get rings. The team that losses the NHL playoffs don't get a miniature Stanley Cup. They get nothing. They hang their head in shame and defeat and slither back to their shitty little southern state hovels and STFU. Nothing from the Confederacy EVER should have been allowed to be displayed. Tear all that shit down!

There are plenty of examples of  symbols that shouldn't be displayed in this country. There's entirely too much idolatry going on. During the riots last week, angry Philadelphians tried to burn a statue of Frank Rizzo. Fahken idiots! When that didn't work, they, then, tagged it with graffiti. For those who are unfamiliar with Philadelphia history, Frank Rizzo was Mayor Frank Rizzo, who served as Philadelphia police commissioner from 1968 to 1971 and mayor of Philadelphia from 1972 to 1980. Under his rule, crime was down, only because he instituted the most heavy handed severe punishment on the streets of Philadelphia, especially involving Black Philadelphians. To cease anymore attempts on Rizzo's effigy, it was removed from the stairs in front of city hall and hidden away in some secret bunker. Sort of like Trump did.

As the sole soul black NASCAR driver, Bubba Wallace, he made the request to ban the Confederate flag and with due respect to everything that has been going on lately, NASCAR complied. The Army wants to rename military bases named after Confederate leaders. Of course, dickhead Trump tweeted being against renaming any bases like Fort Bragg, Fort Hood or Fort Benning, who all were named after loser Confederate Generals. And President Andrew Jackson SHOULD be removed from the $20 bill because of his ill treatment to the enslaved black Americans and the native American population in this country. Put Harriet Tubman on the twenty. I'd rather have MLK personally, but a black woman honors two demographics, women and blacks.

I went off on a tangent. This was about flags specifically the Confederate flag and how it should be burned in one big bonfire. It's one thing if you want to honor your ancestral home by flying your ancestor's original home's flag, provided the flags are not our enemies, and other countries should never be flown above the American flag. That's just proper national protocol. I've only ever flown the American flag. Generally, I don't fly any flag as my nationalism is based on its people and not a flag or its government.

Until next time, stay safe. Stay chill. Enjoy life and summer safely. TTFN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever