Skip to main content

A Thanksgiving Tiny Human

It has happened again. I switched on the TV News this evening. I'm smacked in the face with the story and visual of an abandoned new born human on a church's steps. Why? What is wrong with people? This sparked a thought and a plan. (Note: This is not the abandoned child. But he is cute if you are into that sort of thing. I wonder if I can get that in an XL Adult size.)

I have the solution. Because the male human species is unreliable, reckless, careless, ill prepared and abstinence isn't in anyone's vocabulary these days, the female human species must bear the burden. All menstruating human females must be inoculated with a birth control vaccine. (That means teens too. Especially teens.) And only when they truly want to have children (not by accident, not a power play to get a man to marry her, or an attempt to obtain additional welfare payments) should they be vaccinated with the antidote.

Sounds drastic? It is. And I don't want the government involved. They would totally frank this up just like they do with every other health and welfare issue. An elected board of elders would administer this program. A group who really doesn't want to hear more screaming little brats running rampant in the streets. Which translates to mostly people like me. Curmudgeons.

My point is people can not be trusted to do the right thing on their own. You spent the two minutes (I'm being kind) and 40 weeks making that baby. You should want to keep and nurture that tiny human. With this program, we'd eliminate unwanted children. There would be no need for abortions. No unwanted child would be left to die in a dumpster or on the steps of a clinic. Unwanted children sometimes grow up to be Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Henry Lee Lucas or Dean Corll. Google them if you don't know their stories. They were a barrel of laughs and unwanted children all by their parents.

You should have to prove that you really want a child. We make people study (put in the time) 13 years to receive a diploma; 4 years to obtain a Bachelor's degree; another 2 to 4 years for an MBA or Master's degree; another 2 to 4 years for a Ph.D and at least 4 years and an internship to be called Doctor (Medical). Why then do we not test and prove people worthy of bringing another human into this world? Have them take courses, pass some written tests, pass physical and psychological tests. Jump through hoops of fire. Prove a feat of strength. Something that would prove that they're willing to go the extra mile. To be, all in. (Poker term)

Why don't we enact this process? Religion. Religion is to blame for some of it. Many faiths use populating the world with progeny to increase their number of believers. The more children; the more people to pass down their dogma. Sort of what the radical Muslims in ISIS are doing but they have chosen brainwashed martyrs, guns and bombs as their method of conversion. Follow us or die!!! They just don't get it. The other reason is people would not stand for it. Even today, 42 years after Rowe v. Wade, people are on opposite sides and still fight the fight. People will do whatever they want to do to their bodies. (Side note: Wade was a dick and this case was his first courtroom loss. In the philosophical words of Nelson Muntz, "Ha-Ha!!!")

People feel they have the right to decide whatever they want when it comes to their bodies. To a point, this is true. They SHOULD have full control of their bodies. However, what happens when you are not responsible with your body? You go to jail, or a medical institution, or the graveyard. Or you do heinous acts like dump unwanted infants in place where unwanted infants should not be left.

Someone who has nothing to do and can't find a job because they're too old, washed up and are perceived to be useless should step up and decide who should make babies. Not to say, you can't boink your boots off. Go ahead. Go nuts. Just don't score a goal.

This brings me to my final point. With this program, there would be no abandoned baby stories on Thanksgiving Eve, or Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve. There would be no crack babies born in alleys, secret backrooms or hospitals. There would be no need for abortion clinics and lastly...There would be no need for a Pro-Life activist calling me at 2:30 p.m. on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving looking for a financial donation for her cause. And I wouldn't have to tell her I'm Pro-Choice. And then have her try to make me feel bad or guilty by using a huffy, disgusted tone in her voice to wish me a good day. She just didn't sound sincere. (Ultimately, you know this was all about me, didn't you?)

But I am sincere when I wish a...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Constant Readers and their loved ones. (I stole the "Constant Reader" thing from Stephen King.)

Next time, I'm going off on Jenner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever