Skip to main content

Too Many Gods

I don't proclaim to be a subject matter expert or scholar of religion. I'm probably biting off more than I can chew here, but her we go. There is no God. I offer little proof or support for this statement. Historically, the concept was created in a time when man first started to walk upright and create language. It was a time before laws where the laws of the jungle (survival of the fittest) ruled the world.

The man popularly credited with inventing God is Moses. (There were other Gods before then, but nothing as documented as Moses was in the Old Testament.) In a time where man acted like untamed beasts bedding sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, offspring, et cetera as well as taking, stealing, killing for what they wanted, Moses went to the mountain alone (no witnesses) and came back with commandments (laws) from a supreme being (God). It makes for a great story to scare the uneducated, uninformed and the kiddies. But can a highly evolved, educated, deep thinker buy into this concept? You would think not, but they do and have and continue to. I do not. It was brilliant to create an all-powerful and knowing boogeyman. To tame and control early man it was necessary. Unfortunately, today this does not work for many. Just look to our prisons and graveyards. The fear of a god has worn thin.

My question has always been: If God created the world, where is he?  Does he have a physical presence?  If so, why doesn't he come down from wherever today and face the animals and savages that are ravishing and destroying his creation and his children? The Christians (and I'm sure other religions) want you to believe that he wants man to exercise free will.  Well, does free will mean that an innocent child should be molested, raped and killed by the hands of a depraved monster?  What kind of supreme being would allow this? And of the Muslims who are suicide bombing civilians/citizens or cowardly beheading conveniently available journalists, are they serving a god who appreciates their efforts?  What kind of God is a warring god? A god who wants mayhem and destruction because others don't subscribe to his zealot's beliefs?  It's insanity.

One thing is certain. There are too many gods. The Christian God, the Hebrew God, the Islamic/Muslim God, the Hindu God, the Buddhist God, the Taoist, the Daoists, I'm just beginning to scratch the surface. Then you have those religions: Scientology, Jehovah's Witness, and Bahá'í Faith, to name a few that are sort of Christian, sort of something else. There are so many religions and gods and they all claim to be the true faith of the true God.  What???

Religion is useful when you need an emotional crutch. Something to give you inner strength and peace to get through difficult times. People pray for solace. People pray to vanquish pain, suffering and their enemies. Prayer is used in an attempt to gain favor. Some people believe prayers actually get answered. Truth is with or without prayer things will be what they will be. You survive. You perish. Prayer had little to do with it. It's fortunate luck or bad luck. I know. When I was young, I believed and prayed a lot. I mean A LOT. My prayers went unanswered. Not a one. And I wasn't one to pray for riches or popularity. I didn't pray to make the school baseball team or win a student council election. I wanted peace and consistency in my own little world. A happy, sane family life. It was a selfish prayer, of course. Aren't the majority of prayers selfish? When you pray for that friend or family member to survive some strife or horrible ailment aren't you really praying that things won't change in your life? If that person is a means of comfort to you, and that person would disappear from existence, it would drastically change your way of life.

Complete disclosure: As a child, I really could care less about other starving children in Africa. I was a CHILD. My world had not grown that large yet. It was all about me. Why would God choose to answer some people's prayers and not all? Why should the evil money hungry capitalist live a life of luxury and excess and yet, the innocent, starving inner city child is saddled with death, despair, disease and hopelessness?  Simple answer.
THERE IS NO GOD TO ANSWER PRAYERS!!!!
Maybe if I had had some prayers answered I might have a different opinion.  I doubt it.  All I have to do is look around and see the unfairness of the world and the horrible way people treat their fellowman and that thought would be dashed against the rocks like so many ocean waves.

I'm not trying to enlist people to convert to my way, Atheism. We don't' have meetings or non-prayer non-church services. I just need to vent. I'm just tired that every time I turn on the TV News I see more and more horrors that pass as everyday life in this world. Some of it is based on religious dogma. Many of it is just people who have no souls and value others' even less. So, if any of you who read this have an in with your "God", can you ask him to look into this mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever