Skip to main content

Downton Abbey 6th (Final) Season Recap

For those of you who are a fan and are waiting to view the final season when it airs on PBS on January 3, 2016, I won't spoil it for you. There were 8 episodes that aired on ITV in the UK which began September 20th with the finale airing yesterday, November 8th. For the most part it did not disappoint. As usual, there was lots of drama all season long.

Things that occurred this season:

  1. There were two marriages. 
  2. One attempted suicide. 
  3. One of the two main characters who left at the end of last season returned this season. 
  4. A long kept secret is revealed. 
  5. Someone becomes pregnant. 
  6. One person's status in the community is diminished as another's is elevated.
  7. Two characters start a flirtatious, possible relationship,
  8. Two servants are nearly "sacked". (Two different episodes)
  9. One of the daughter's gets engaged, then disengaged while her sister, after rejecting her suitor, changes her mind and agrees to marry.
  10. Someone dies. 
The above list is jumbled and not in episode sequence. The last episode left a lot of unanswered questions. Think about it. If life goes on as many of the characters would clearly live for many decades there is no way to actually wrap up any series. There will be a Christmas special on December 25th that will truly serve as the series finale and which might throw some more light on the family's and servant's futures. If I think it's worth an update, I'll amend this with Christmas episode high level details. My sister would have written a much better critique. She was the person who got me to watch this series or anything British for that matter. She was a true Anglophile. Me. I'm more an Anglo-Spaz. British music is about the most British I knew. She elevated my Brit knowledge. I truly miss her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever