Skip to main content

Long Live the Queen!

Two days ago, Queen Elizabeth II had her 94th birthday. It got me thinking: She has always been queen since I've been alive. There are a minority of Brits who are living that can say they remember life when her father, King George VI, ruled. She's been monarch, Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms, since 1952. For those mathematically challenged that's a buttload of years (68). Queen Victoria ruled about 64 years (1837-1901). Vicki held the record until 4 years ago when Queen Lizzie II past her and every other monarch that ever lived. Very impressive. See what tons of money can do for you. Give you long life and good health. Of course, her mother, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, lived to 101, passing in 2002. Longevity may be in her DNA or in her bones. Good for her. With any luck, she'll be the only British monarch in my lifetime. Yes. That means she'll outlive me. I don't doubt that that could happen. She is the longest-serving female head of state in world history, and the world's oldest living monarch, longest-reigning current monarch, and oldest and longest-serving current head of state. [Wikipedia] That's a mouthful!

She has had her Silver (25), Ruby (40), Golden (50) and Diamond (60) Jubilees. She's the only monarch that has ever had a Sapphire Jubilee for reigning 65 years. I'm looking forward to her Platinum (70) Jubilee in 2 years. She'll only be 96. A Spring Chickie. I think she'll be the first monarch to celebrate their Centenary (100 years of rule). She'd be 126. She'll be just hitting her stride.

QEII circa 2015
It got me thinking seriously about her replacement. So, being the curious ape that I am, I checked the old reliable internet. If and when QEII retires or passes on, this is the line who would replace her, in order (age):

  1. Charles, Prince of Wales (71)
  2. William, (Prince) Duke of Cambridge (37) #s 3 - 5 are his children with Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge
  3. George, Prince (7)
  4. Charlotte, Princess (5)
  5. Louis, Prince (2)
  6. Harry, (Prince) Duke of Sussex (35) William's brother.
  7. Archie, (Prince) (1, May) Son of Harry and Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex. He would be the first mixed race monarch and having citizenship of two countries (UK and US), if he ascended the throne. At this time, he holds no title. Poor little guy!
This entirely cuts out Charles' siblings: Anne (69), Andrew (60) and Edward (56) and their progeny. It sucks to be a royal and never have a chance to be King or Queen. However, to make up for that fault, they're still filthy rich. Lucky bastards!

William and Kate's children hold no title other than that of their father's (...of Cambridge). Anyway you cut it, being a royal, whether you rise to King or Queen or not, is still very lucrative. Both Charles and Lady Di's sons are millionaires. All receiving inheritances from both their mother and their maternal grandmother. My mother and maternal grandmother left me NOTHING!!!! I have no royal blood in me at all. Not sure if I have any blood left in me after being sucked dry by the IRS.

Another fun royal fact: Since 2015 under the Perth Agreement, "only the first six in line of succession require the sovereign's consent before they marry; without such consent, they and their children would be disqualified from succession." Wow. Isn't that neat? This really takes the cake when it comes to asking someone's father for their daughter's hand in marriage. If Harry wanted to marry a Las Vegas Stripper or this girl (see below), I'm sure he would have been cut out of the succession immediately.

What happens in Vegas...
gets posted in my BLOG!

How the Queen Became Queen Against All Odds
If gambling on who will be monarch was legal, she would have come in as a long shot. QEII was third in line behind her Uncle Edward (VIII) and her father George (VI) when her grandfather, King George V, ruled Britannia. Upon his death, her uncle became Edward VIII, but abdicated his throne because he was schtupping an American socialite divorcee, who he wanted to marry and England said NO! Well, the government said it was unacceptable. So, less than a year into his reign, he bolted.

George became King George VI and ruled 16 years until his death in 1952. Had George and Liz, Queen Mum, given birth to a son after Liz II instead of Margaret, who always lived in her sister's shadow, that child would have ascended to the throne as King...But they didn't and Voila! Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, better known as Queen Elizabeth II, became Queen and has been ever since for as long as I've been crawling, walking, running and now hobbling on Earth. How about that? For an interesting read and if you like annotated lists of lines of succession, go here! How would you like to be 59th in line for the crown? But at least, you get your name on the list and probably a buttload of pounds. 

Long live the queen and her progeny. I need to suck up to them because if King Donald I of America gets re-elected in November, I'm considering relocating to one of their Commonwealth Realms.

Until next time, TTFN. (My sign-off is very British!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever