Skip to main content

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 26 - Self Improved

We are coming very close to the end.  Day 26 - "Write about an area in your life that you’d like to improve"  Interesting.

Every year, at the end of the year, before but mostly after the ball drops in Times Square, people make resolutions.  Most of the resolutions are attempts to better their lives.  Make them more whole.  Make them more wholesome.  Make them more something.  In other cases, it's to make the less.  Lose some weight.  Lose some stress.  Lose that ball and chain.  Whatever.  I, every year, lose the resolution.  I'm sure there's a statistic out there that tells us the large percentage of people who don't keep their resolutions.  I cut out the middle man and refuse to make resolutions.  I believe if I need to change something to improve myself, my standards or my karma, I will do it when I damn well feel I'm ready and not because a bloody year has turned over.

I don't want to discuss or make judgment about what is wrong with me.  I don't see my faults as faults as much as personality traits.  I am who I am.  I like me as me.  I don't want to change me.  The world will need to change to adapt to me.  I'm more interested in changing my situation than me.  Becoming a kinder, gentler Daddy Tom is not going to do shit for the things that are negatively impacting my life and mental stability.
 
So, with that stated, the area of my life that most needs a change is my Environment.

I am unhappy with my career and job.  I see more young people lacking in intelligence and experience coming into the workforce at higher levels making more money than me.  I have degrees out the wazoo.  I have over 30 years of business acumen.  I have learned from the actions of the best business minds and from the mistakes by the worse business minds.  Yet, promotion and fortune continues to elude me.  I find that the people who are my superiors truly lack superior intelligence and sound, solid business acumen.

I am dissatisfied with where I live.  The house is nice enough. I would rather spend less time climbing up and down stairs.  A nice ranch would be preferable or a one floor apartment in a high-rise with an elevator.  

I am disgusted with the neighborhood.  It has a beaten down vibe.  In the ten years I've lived there I've noticed a change in the type of people moving in.  To best describe them would be a cross between ghetto and urban hillbilly.  I don't fit in.  Call me a snob, but I prefer the smell of money and perfume over cigarette smoke and burnt barbecue.  I want to move to a snow-less part of the country.  I can deal with a little cold, but no longer can tolerate ice and snow.  Screw the changing of the seasons.  Give me one season:  Mild. Give me mid-70s to low 80s year round.
 
This leaves me to how to obtain a change in the environment.  Without using desperate means, I need to sell the house first.  I believe the Domino effect will kick in.  One thing will drop into place after the other.  It takes one good thing to occur to get the next one to fall in line.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself.  Time will tell.

Next: Day 27 - "where I'm kicking ass".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever