Skip to main content

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 18 - "30 Possibly Known Facts About Me"

Day 18 - "30 Possibly Known Facts About Me"

When I saw this assignment I thought hooray I get to talk about ME.  But then I realized after reading my sister's blog that I had to tell the truth.  No matter.  It's still all fun.


The Facts...Nothing But The Facts
  1. I was born on Valentine's Day during one of the worst blizzards of the first half of the 20th Century in New Jersey.
  2. My favorite color is red, sometimes orange, but mostly red.
  3. I'm a smidgen under 6 feet, but say I'm 6 feet tall anyway.
  4. I'm the oldest of 5 children.
  5. I'm a Type 2 diabetic.  (Who isn't?)
  6. I love baseball and football.  I don't care much for other sports.
  7. I used to play golf...poorly.
  8. I was in a bowling league for several years in the 1990s.  My average as of my last game was 188.  My highest score was 275.
  9. I was a PIAA football and wrestling official for 8 years.
  10. I have been playing guitar for 41 years.  I also can play bass and some keyboards.
  11. I self produced and released a solo CD under the name Tom Rosewood (Google it) that can be purchased on iTunes and CD Baby or ask me, I'll give you one for free.
  12. The Beatles are still my all time favorite band and the reason why I wanted to play and write music.
  13. As a teenager I played trombone and Sousaphone, but not in any marching band. 
  14. My college majors were, in order:  Computer Science, Public Administration and finally, Accounting.
  15. I have an MBA in Technology & E-Commerce.
  16. I'm very bad at naming pets:  Magic (deceased kitty) and Potter (feline alarm clock).
  17. Potter wakes me up so early every morning that I have shut off my alarm clock for the last 6 months and probably for good.
  18. Magic lived to 15 years and 4 months.  It was the longest relationship I ever had with a non-family female.
  19. I have been married and divorced twice.  Both marriages lasted about 3 years a piece.  I lived with each wife for a year before the marriage.  (Which may be partial proof that marriage changes everything.)
  20. My second wife was my first real girlfriend in high school and first love.
  21. I am currently in a relationship that outlasted both my marriages and is on track to surpass the relationship with my late cat, Magic (13 years, 10 months).
  22. I smoked on and off for 15 years until I was 30.  I haven't smoked in over 25 years.  While in college, I smoked a pipe as well as cigarettes.
  23. While in high school, I wrote, produced and acted in our high school Television Productions class that aired over the Berks County (PA) cable public access channel from Fall 1975 through Spring 1976.  I also wrote the high school sports blurb for the local shopper weekly paper and for the school newspaper.
  24. The longest I lived anywhere is tied with my childhood home in East Brunswick, NJ (1963-1973) and my current Philadelphia residence (2004-2014).
  25. My first car was a blue with white faux vinyl top 1972 Chevy Vega.  I purchased it in 1977 for $450.  I drove it until I turned over the odometer.
  26. I have owned about 20 cars in my driving lifetime and every color under the sun. 
  27. I used to love rollercoasters and water parks especially ones with a lazy river where you can lay in an oversized inner tube and float your cares away.  I no longer can ride the slides or coasters anymore.
  28. I have a dislocated disc between my L5 and L6, I think.  It's definitely herniated.  I'm just not sure which little sucker is out of whack.
  29. Growing up Catholic I thought I wanted to be a priest when I was an adult.  I was 5 years old.  After discovering girls and that religion was bogus, I changed my mind, fast.
  30. After this 30 Day Writing Challenge, I'm going to try to complete one of my work in progress novels.
This was fun.  I probably could have done 50, but I got to leave a little mystery about me.  Don't I?
 
Tomorrow's topic: Day 19 - discuss your first love.  (I don't know how much detail you want.  It could get downright X-rated.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever