Skip to main content

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 10 - *<):o)

Day 10: "Write something for which you feel strongly."

I think I have been doing this all along.  I mean, it's the reason why I write this thing.  The alternative would be to purchase a high-powered weapon with lots of ammunition and perch myself in a 2nd or 3rd story window and take out my wrath and vengeance on complete strangers who probably deserve to be shot in the ass.  Death would be too good for them.  I just want to make them suffer.  But I have not the motivation or the finances to do any of that, so I write, vent and verbally body slam the sons-of-bitches.

So, what do I feel strongly about right now, today.  I could go off on my job and my company, but even I am sick of giving them all this attention.  I could bitch about the freaking weather.  I mean, this is the year of precipitation.  One hellacious snowy winter.  A very cold and wet spring.  And now summer is ambivalent about being summer.  First, it's too cold.  Then too humid and rainy.  I think I can count about one week when the summer has been the summer I recall of old.  But who wants to talk about the weather.  That's old folks talking.

I feel strongly about politics and religion and believe we could do without both.  But then who would try to kill us with suicide bombs if not religious wackadoos?  I don't just mean Middle Easterners.  There's a lot of those anti-abortion Christian types that believe killing a doctor or blowing up a clinic is justified over terminating a growth that cannot be considered life.  But I could go on for days about this subject.  No, let's deal with something pertinent and everyone can relate to.  I know!!!

CLOWNS!

Goddamn clowns.  I don't know when it happened but years ago I started to feel really creeped out by circus folk, birthday party entertainers and even to an extent of Broadway actors.  There's a character in The Fantasticks that resembles a clown.  It was a fantastic play/musical that ran off-Broadway for over 40 years.  But the clown character made me nervous.  It could be the whole John Wayne Gacy, the "Killer Clown" thing.  May that bastard burn in a special hell (if it existed, that is).  It may not be just that that has made me leery of those creepy little bastards with their white grease painted face and blood red painted on smiles.  And what exactly is Jacaranda?  And why do they carry stalks of it up their sleeves?  The best and worst clowns were in this epic SyFy-Horror Thriller B-film from 1988.  If you get the chance to see it, it's a must.  Killer Klowns From Outer Space.  Funny and creepy.  The title was performed by the punk/new wave band, The Dickies.  Here's a partial clip from the film.


Bear in mind growing up one of my favorite shows was Bozo the Clown, who was played by hundreds of people over the 40 plus years it was on TV.  My Bozo was probably played by Bill Britton on WPIX-TV New York Channel 11 in the early 1960s.  Pictured here in a 1963 cast photo is the original WGN Chicago Bozo Show with Bob Bell as the clown.  Larry Harmon, the very first Bozo, who died in 2008 started the whole Bozo thing in Chicago in 1956.  And yes, that is Willard Scott on the far right.  He was a cast member for several years and played Bozo from 1959 through 1962.

So not all my memories of clowns were horrible.  Then again, this asshole used to and still does give me the willies.  But he hasn't been on the tube much these days.

I can't eat there because of him and the crappy heart clogging food they serve.

There a probably hundreds of these bastards (clowns) on the Earth.  But the one that should give everyone nightmares the most is this one.

Oh, wait.  We need not fear him anymore.  
 
 

I meant this one.

Pennywise from Stephen King's It.  Tim Curry at his scariest.

Here's another one for your nightmares tonight.  Mwhahahaha-ha-ha-haaaa!!!
 

I truly seriously do not like clowns.  Okay, I admit it.  I fuckin' hate the fuckers!!!

Type this emoticon in your next email:  *<):o)


Tomorrow's subject: Day 11 - Write something you always think "What if..." about.  You know, like what if Clowns never existed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How The New Mexican Government And Prison System Failed Its People

Anyone who knows me knows I like mystery and crime stories, especially true crime. So, I am a huge fan and viewer of the Investigation Discovery network. I view many programs and have my favorites. One show I recently stumbled upon was "Surviving Evil" hosted by the stunning actress, Charisma Carpenter , who herself a crime survivor. She and two friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard, Jr. on San Diego's Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. I don't want to go on about her, her surviving her attack or even the ID program, which airs Thursdays at 9 pm and re-airs throughout the week and is available On Demand. Well, actually, I do want to speak about one episode from the current season (the 3rd season), but not the show as much as how the law failed to truly punish the perpetrator of this crime. The show titled "Escaping The Arroyo" interviews the one surviving victim and tells the horrific story about two whi

My First Blog

Unless I'm already mentally or emotionally stirred up I find it difficult to start anything.  Be it a rant, a conversation or a writing.  I'm sure if I don't get bored or disillusioned I will have something interesting or controversial to say.  I might even drop an occasional F bomb.   As this is my first outing, I will insert many random thoughts that clearly will lack continuity or proper linkage.  I will sound like a mental patient or someone suffering from Alzheimer's.  For instance, tomorrow is my birthday.  I turn 55.  Who cares, right?  Why are we so self-absorbed with ourselves?  I know from my POV I want to rule the world, be famous and shag any girl I desire.  I also know, as I'm sure you do too, that that's just not going to happen...ever.  But without these little dreams/daydreams I'd find it more difficult to crawl out of bed most mornings.   Random thought #2:  How do people quote lines by famous writers as if they just read the story wh

The JetBlue Fashion Police Takes A Bite Out Of ?????

I'll start off by saying that I have no love for JetBlue or any airliner for that matter. But with their latest allowance of employee empowerment to make fashion decisions or to determine what is proper flight attire solidifies why I will never fly with them. They have permanently joined the "I-won't-fly" ranks of American Airlines, Delta and Frontier Airlines. Though I find the young woman's outfit more suited for trolling Walmart or lounging around the house, there is nothing illicit, illegal or obscene to warrant being forced into a wardrobe change prior to boarding her Boston to Seattle flight or to suffer being removed from the flight altogether. If she passed through security that should be good enough. Also, this girl's ass makes that shite work. Work it honey. I'm a little sick and tired of reading about the morality police. People take their job duties beyond the job description into the realm where no customer service personnel should ever